What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- Leave a lasting legacy to be remembered.
- Lessen the burden of taxes on your family.
- Potentially receive estate tax savings.
How do I make a bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Flagler College as part of your estate plan.
What are my options?
A bequest can be made in several ways:
- Gift a specific dollar amount or asset.
- Gift a percentage of your estate.
- Gift from the balance or residue of your estate.
- Make a beneficiary designation of certain assets.