Learn About Wills
Benefits of Your Bequest
- Leave a lasting legacy to be remembered.
- Lessen the burden of taxes on your family.
- Possible estate tax savings.
How Do You Make a Bequest?
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will or trust specifying a gift to be made to family, friends or Flagler College as part of your estate plan.
Click here to review sample Bequest Language.
Your Bequest Options
A bequest may be made in several ways:
- Gift of a specific dollar amount or asset
- Gift of a percentage of your estate
- Gift from the balance or residue of your estate
Making a Bequest of Your Retirement Assets
A retirement asset, such as an IRA account, makes an excellent bequest to us. If the IRA were given to your family, much of the value may be lost through estate and income taxes. By designating Flagler College as the beneficiary of all or part of your IRA (using a beneficiary designation form provided by your custodian), the full value of the gift is transferred tax-free at your death and your estate receives an estate tax charitable deduction.
Please contact us to learn more about the benefits of making a charitable gift.